Saturday 4 October 2014

Our natural selves

Skin, that's the stuff ALL over you. It protects us from disease, it's also the body's largest organ, it acts as one of our main sensors and is just keeping us from looking like some creepy, bloody zombie! Yet some of us feel so insecure in our own skin that we hide behind layers of makeup, filters and clothing. Why is that? Society...

Look at a magazine photo of a celebrity, they have flawless skin and everything is so perfect.
Look at a model, they're also flawless.
TV stars, yep, they're flawless too!
But they're fake, they have hours spent on makeup, hair and then Photoshop and basically have professional people fumbling around them to make them appear flawless. This is one of the main source of insecurity. Young girls see these perfect pixel images and strive to be just like them so apply layer after layer on to their already perfect skin because they have a slightly different colour on one part of their face or they have one spot. I'm not saying I walk around bare faced and flaunting my natural skin, I don't.
That's the point of this post.
I've fallen into the skin crazy trap, although my main reason is acne.

Every one has heard of that word 'Acne', other than a super expensive clothing brand its a skin condition that really knocks, kicks and crushes self esteem. So I am a acne sufferer, it is big, red and visible. and I don't want to change the world so that makeup is banned because I actually love makeup also its a form of art just like tattoos are. What I am saying is that sometimes we shouldn't feel that we're expected to wear makeup, we shouldn't post a photo saying sorry no makeup or just anything really. Yeah sometimes our skin sucks, the under eye bags and discoloration crap but it is part of us! why should we feel the need to hide who we are?

I am going to be starting some serious course for treating my acne and this journey will be documented in a video over time and then at the end of the course I'll give y'all an update on how my skin is and this is going to kick off my youtube channel as the first video I post. I will give regular updates on here too and just keep in touch with you guys

This post was inspired by +Zoella  in her recent vlog commenting on this exact subject and its true we are human and natural why is there so much pressure to look flawless when that's not real?

But don't think i'm having a dig at makeup I'm really not I collect the damn stuff I love it! I just want everyone out there to feel confident in who they are and what their skin is because we are all beautiful inside and out.

Please feel free to comment your thought I'd love to hear them if you've read this far!

Thanks for reading, until next time
Love Katie XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment