Friday 22 August 2014

Finally posting the 1st post

So here I am about to start my 1st proper, official post on Image Insanity! 
I'm a bit lost at what to write but I think a great place to start with is why I started this blog up.

So for a few years now I've been reading various blogs about beauty, fashion and lifestyle and have related to quite a few of the bloggers' posts so after a while I finally decided to start blogging. Yet this isn't my first blog I had a previous blog but I didn't have the time to really post on it so I rapidly lost interest in posting on a dead blog really... Then after all of my exams had finished I started editing this blog ready to post articles here! I've always wanted to share my thoughts and opinions to others hoping they care to read them so I now have my place to post such things all I need is my audience.

 Okay now secondly; why the name Image Insanity? Well ever noticed how fashion mad some people can get? They stalk their style icon's new buys and get all in a tizzy if they don't get one single particular item, like the popular item that Mary and Kate have but I don't, SO I NEED IT... NOW? We've all experienced this so I thought I'd create a relatable yet creative title that reflects some of today's societies behavior towards fashion, after all this blog is going to be based on fashion, beauty, lifestyle and a couple of my thoughts every now and then. All in all some people can go slightly Insane over their Image... Starting to catch on now? I hope so aha.

Now, what do I intend to post about or how often? I am planning on a post a week but I am headed off to college at the start of September so depending how quickly I can settle in depends on posting rotas but just so you know my aim is a post a week. Also the content? That'll be beauty, fashion and lifestyle based, for example I'm planning some posts about: a recent haul, reviews on some of my favorite products or new found products, my top 5 favorite products of a certain category (e.g makeup, skincare, hair care) and some of the latest trends available to all of us image mad peeps!

When I first came up with the name Image Insanity I came up with a cute theme of Alice In Wonderland because of a quote that links rather well give or take a few words. The quote really sealed the name for me as it just seemed to work so well! I have attached the 'pimped' quote from AIW that links to this here ol' blog (aha fancied an old play on words there) and originally it was going to be the banner at the top of the blog but I later decided on a lighter theme of white, grey and pink.


The original quote from Alice In Wonderland was spoken by the Cheshire Cat (who scared the doodaa out of me at 7), you can watch a short scene of it here, the link opens a new tab so you wont loose this page don't panic.

Okay so finally I want to share my hopes and dreams for this blog, I would love to get into posting more than once a week eventually and have subscribers that inspire me to write therefore building and growing this blog to one day have a big enough audience to think it logical to buy a full domain for the blog! I would also like my blog to help those of you whether its choosing your next foundation or motivating you to try something that you end up loving, I just hope to help you in whatever I can to become the best you can be!So thanks for reading this far down and I hope you enjoyed what I had to say and I also hope that you stick around a while and continue reading what I post in the future.

So I'm going to end this post (my 1st post ahhh) right here goodbye my Image Insane people :*

No comments:

Post a Comment