Saturday 30 August 2014

Real Techniques core collection review

As a makeup brush hoarder/ collector when these came through my post box I was so eager to use them! I'm sure if you watch some of the youtubers or are a confessed makeup-a-holic you would've heard of this brush set!
The set contains 4 brushes and a handy travel/ brush holder which is interchangeable.
the four brushes consist of: Buffing brush, Pointed foundation brush, Contour brush and Detailer brush.

Buffing Brush.




The buffing brush is said to be ideal for using mineral and powder foundation to create a flawless full coverage all over the face. All of the brush has been thought about when it had been designed from the hand-cut synthetic bristles, the light weight aluminium handles to the actual shape of the brush head for application. Also all of the brushes are 100% cruelty free! Bonus.

So, after explaining what the brush is said to be like here's my opinion:
I use the Buffing brush for my liquid foundation and it is absolutely amazing! After reading up reviews on it I decided to use it for liquid foundation instead of powder and it really is an all-purpose brush, it blends out foundation effortlessly as it 'buffs' the product smoothly onto your skin to make it look the least caked and fake as possible. The brush smooths foundation into an even layer and leaves it looking flawless and natural. The bristles are so soft on your skin and I haven't had one bristle fall out from the brushes and I've washed the brushes quite a few times now.


Contour Brush.




 The contour brush 'delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish'. This is absolutely true! the brush is a perfect shape to use in the hollows of the cheeks to really define them cheek bones and the soft bristles ensure you don't have a strong line, but a gentle shadow to make the cheeks really POP.
I use the Sleek Contour Kit in medium with this brush and the contour colour can come out a bit strong so with this brush it ensures that there's no harsh lines and I don't just walk around with thick brown lines on the side of my face.



Pointed Foundation Brush. 




For a foundation brush it's quite small so I decided to use this as a concealer brush and it works so well especially for under-eye concealer! It is a perfect size to cover any tired eye bags after a night out, it can easily get in the corner and the soft bristles don't irritate the delicate skin around your eyes meaning you get an even flawless finish. The description for the pointed foundation brush say: 'use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage' and I guess if you want to spend forever blending your foundation out to get a smooth and flawless finish but unfortunately the brush's size is too small for me to use as a foundation brush.


Small Detailer Brush.

This brush is so tiny my camera wouldn't focus on the brush so this is the best picture I could take (sorry), but yes this brush is so adorable and tiny- it'd get lost with out it's bright handle! At first I couldn't really figure out what to use the brush for its so tiny I mean could it be a lip brush? Eyebrow brush? Eyeliner brush? Or even a tiny concealer brush? I was lost so I looked up what RT had to say about the brush for some inspiration and they said: 'precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long-lasting shape and definition'. After that I tried it as a concealer brush for all them imperfections but found I didn't like it much so washed it and tried it as a lip brush and love it! It's a perfect size for lining your cupid's bow and get a straight, smooth line so worth playing around with brushes; just because you brought a certain type of brush doesn't mean you have to use it for that purpose, play around use them for different purposes you might really like it!

The Core Collection.





So my overall opinion of these brushes is: they have such a good pay off it's silly spending more than double on Mac brushes (although they're amazing).  These brushes are:
100% cruelty free
Soft bristles all hand cut
No fallout bristles
Create a gorgeous flawless coverage
The travel case is handy to hold brushes up and protect them when traveling.

They are worth every penny! I constantly find myself reaching for these over my other brushes as they are just great I definitely recommend!

If you want your own set of the Real Technique Core Collection brushes here are some links for you:

Feel Unique - NOW ON SALE £16.79 ( Non-sale price £20.99)
Boots - £21.99
Amazon - £13.25
Superdrug - £20.99

Thanks for reading I hope you either agree with me or want your own set now! 
Love Katie XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment